Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Snow

You ever have those moments where you feel like you are drowning in your own junk?

I do. 

I have them often. 

Today, I was talking to a new friend. He is drowning. He thinks that his sin has put up a wall between him and God.

It just doesn't work that way.

The Bible uses some cool terms to describe those of us that love Jesus. We are called "holy", "blameless", "saints" , "white as snow"...

"White as snow" is my favorite. 

If you ever find yourself doubting your worth, think of Paul. Unless you make a habit out of killing Christians, I don't think you can really put yourself on his level. Paul could not have started at a lower point. Look what he became!

Do you think that Paul's past sin ever haunted him? I don't see how it couldn't. Paul was a regular guy. He was just like you and me. If I am haunted by my mistakes, how could he not be?

My friend is white as snow. Just like Paul. Just like me. He just doesn't see it yet. 

We have been made completely spotless by Jesus. 

Think of it this way... 

Before Jesus came, what incentive did we give God to bail us out? 

NONE! We did nothing to deserve it. We were all guilty of sin and deserving of death. Without Jesus, sin drives us away from God. So, if during that time in history, God chose to send us Jesus, how much more forgiving must He be now that we are blameless?  

I can't stress that word enough. BLAMELESS. There is nothing that can be used against us. Once we take the gift of Jesus, we are saints. 

So, when you stumble or feel your junk start to pile up, remember that you are holy. At that moment you are presentable to God as a spotless being. You are white as snow! 

That is not a free pass to sin. If you love Jesus, you already know that.  

Love Jesus and He will help you work through your junk. Love Jesus and you will find yourself obsessed with trying to walk beside Him... white as snow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all too often allow how we feel determine what we believe is true. Truth stands completely independent of belief and especially feelings. That's why it is vitally important that we (especially me) spend time in the Word and His Spirit. The Spirit is all Truth and it is the ultimate (and only) antithesis to the flesh and all of it's deceitful feelings in its desperately wicked heart. I'm just sayin' ;)